Looking for information on Mongolia? Perhaps these sites may be of service to you!
- Bolor-Toli – online Mongolian-English dictionary. Also allows you to type in Cyrillic if your computer doesn’t have that option.
- Language learning resources – frankly, there aren’t many. But:
- Byki – computerized flashcards with recordings of pronunciation. The free version is limited but has a handful of useful phrases. The Deluxe version allows you to add your own word lists.
- Textbooks – the Сайн Байна Уу? books are widely recognized as the best, though I’m not sure where best to obtain them.
- Expats in Mongolia FB page – a great resource for specific questions best put to a large group. Where can I buy XYZ? Anyone know anyone working on pollution research? Ask, and these folks will deliver. If you’re moving here, I would highly advise joining. I would also advise promptly disabling most of the notifications, as people are always posting, and there is a fair amount of squabbling among members.
- Buy, Swap, Sell, & Give Away- expats come and go, but most don’t want to take all their goods with them. A good place to find secondhand goods and scout out what you can buy after you arrive.
- UB Rooms and Apartments for Rent – exactly what it sounds like.
- More expat blogs
More to come as I find more things to add.